sending Ctl-D to bash via "screen -X paste ..."

From: Ron Kaminsky
Subject: sending Ctl-D to bash via "screen -X paste ..."
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:07:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm trying to control a detached screen session using commands like

"screen -S myBash -X readreg a /tmp/myInput"
"screen -S myBash -X paste a"

where the file /tmp/myInput contains a control-D character. The control-D
character doesn't seem to signal end-of-data to the bash shell which is running
within the screen session; instead, the control-D character seems to be treated
just like any other data character (as if it were escaped by a previous
control-V).

Perhaps someone can help? I've tried using "slowpaste", "readbuf", "process",
and "stuff" but they all seem to have roughly the same behavior.

Thanks,
Ron