Mouse support document

From: Dan Mahoney, System Admin
Subject: Mouse support document
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 05:33:26 -0400 (EDT)

All,

I'm trying to write a generalized sum-up of which terminal-mode apps support mice and how well, as well as a general summary of how it works and why, since it's been a bit of an enigma to me for a while.

I had a scrollmouse work on me unexpectedly today, so I'm feeling rather inspired to solve problems, learn about things, and make stuff work.

My initial version is at http://www.gushi.org/mousesupport.txt I'll htmlify it shortly, right now my focus is on content.
Feedback on apps I don't have listed that work is definitely appreciated.

I'd like this to eventually be pretty definitive, so common ones, or ones that are a useful alternative to do a certain thing), or notable apps that don't work but would probably benefit.

Micah, how feasible does the debug app I'm looking for seem to you? I think it's a useful thing to distribute with screen.

-Dan

--

"Don't think of it as beer, think of it as a flavored motor oil."

-Jeremiah Kristal, on Guinness
3/29/05, 9:52 AM