w doesn't show active program in screen

From: Pia Mikeal
Subject: w doesn't show active program in screen
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 10:28:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

On an Ubuntu Hardy server running the distro version of screen 4.03-7ubuntu1 when I use the "w" command, unlike in any other terminal not running screen, it always shows my current process as bash rather than whatever I am running in that window. Screen did not used to do this. It only started happening with this version of it on this distro but it is getting annoying because I often use w to see what I have in each window.

Thanks,

Pia Mikeal
System Administrator
Markey Center for Structural Biology