Re: session save to disk?

From: David Collins
Subject: Re: session save to disk?
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 20:53:49 +0100

I wrote a very bad script that attempts to save some sort of state -
actually it writes a screenrc file that can be used to start a new
screen session.

It is very bad because it must be run in every shell in the screen
session and names etc need to be put in by hand, but it can save
directory and also load commands. I'm sure some of it could be
scripted using screen -X, testing for min and max window numbers and
looping through them. I'm not sure it is possible to get any other
information easily either.

I haven't bothered any further than since this works for me. I can
email it if you think it may be of use.

David Collins