Re: Attach screen sessions with splitted screens

From: Simon Ruderich
Subject: Re: Attach screen sessions with splitted screens
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 23:20:31 +0200

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 08:46:39AM +0200, Alexandre MOREL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a question about screen use:
>
> When I use screen, I often splitte my terminal just generally in two
> sections. I detach the session and reattach but I have to reconfigure
> the splitted sessions in order to retrieve my "workspace".
>
> Have you a solution or some tips in order to restore session and the
> previous arrangement of panels ?
>
> Thank in advance for your help,
>
> Best,
> Alexandre

Hi Alexandre,

If you're using the git version (or Debian Lenny which includes
the patches; maybe Ubuntu has it too) you can use the layout
command.

    layout save name

You can use any name. After that you can reattach and the layout
should be restored.

If you always split you can do that in your screenrc.

    split
    layout save name

Hope this helps,
Simon