Re: unable to set window title in screen

From: ruud144
Subject: Re: unable to set window title in screen
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 01:03:00 -0800 (PST)

ruud144 wrote:

> I have downloaded and compiled screen4.0.3 which gives the same problem. I
> have searched the archives and tried the strings but without success.
> My script changes the window title by sending the string escape ]  ;
> string ^G. This doesn't work using screen on the remote machine. Other
> sequences don't work too.

It was all there in the faq, but I misinterpreted it. After issuing
harststatus alwayslastline, I saw that the changed window title was there,
only not in the window title bar. It had to be something inside screen and
not in /etc/termcap. Which I changed due to my misinterpretation of the faq.
I changed the faq by adding that the directions were about the contents of
.screenrc.

Thanks for reading, Ruud