Re: How to use screen configuration with command option

From: joydeep
Subject: Re: How to use screen configuration with command option
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 07:50:23 +0100

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 11:03:26 -0500, Ed Blackman <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 02:25:30PM +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
>>How can I use these at screen command option ( not in .screenrc ) ?
>
> If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to execute screen commands
> within a running screen session.  The way to do that is to type your
> screen escape key (Control-a by default), then :, then type a command.
> When you type the colon, you will see a colon prompt appear on the lower

> left.
>
> So it would be "<ctrl-a>:nonblock on<enter>", for example.
>
> Ed

Hello Ed,

Thanks for your response. Well my requirement is different, may be I could
not clarify properly. I am trying to explain with example. If you need utf8
support, rather than defining it at .screenrc; you can also provide command
option like *screen -U*. Similarly I like to configure hardstatus, caption
etc.. at the command option with *screen -<option>*. How can I do this ?

Thanks