Screen with serial TTYs

From: Ken Smith
Subject: Screen with serial TTYs
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 17:27:56 -0400

I'm using screen 4.00.03 on Linux with a serial TTY and all the characters I receive appear on one line.  I also want the characters I type to be echoed.  I'm invoking screen this way,

screen -t ttyUSB0 /dev/ttyUSB0 115200

I have tried appending various stty settings as follows but haven't been able to change this behavior.  Eg.

screen -t ttyUSB0 /dev/ttyUSB0 115200,cs8,echo
screen -t ttyUSB0 /dev/ttyUSB0 115200,cs8,echo,inlcr
screen -t ttyUSB0 /dev/ttyUSB0 115200,cs8,echo,icrnl
screen -t ttyUSB0 /dev/ttyUSB0 115200,cs8,echo,icrnl,echonl

What is the right incantation to make screen echo locally typed characters and add a newline to ever received carriage return?

   ks