Re: How to use :group command?

From: mrbrown8
Subject: Re: How to use :group command?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 15:05:11 -0600

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 12:00:18 -0400 address@hidden writes:
> Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 14:24:58 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Artur Skonecki <address@hidden>
> Subject: How to use :group command?
> To: address@hidden
>
> Hi,
> I keep thinking how to get workspaces in screen without nested
> sessions
> and groups seem interesting because :windowlist has a "toggle group
> nesting" command. But I am having trouble with instructions in
> documentation.
>
> Could someone explain how to create groups and administer them?

I tried writing some basic documentation about groups. Not sure if it'll
be what you are looking for, but feel free to let me know if it makes
sense...

6.7 Window Groups
Screen provides a method for grouping windows together. Windows can
be organized in a hierarchical fashion, resembling a tree structure.
New screens are created using the screen command while new groups
are created using screen //group. See Section 6.2 [Screen Command].
    Once a new group is created, it will act as a container for
windows and even other groups. When a group is selected, you will
see the output of the windowlist command, allowing you to select a
window inside. If there are no windows inside a group, use the
screen command to create one. Once inside a group, using the
commands next and prev will switch between windows only in that
group. Using the windowlist command will give you the opportunity
to leave the group you are in. See Section 7.4 [Windowlist].

group [grouptitle]                                       [Command]
       (none)
       Change or show the group the current window belongs to.
Windows can be moved around between different groups by specifying
the name of the destination group.
       Without specifying a group, the title of the current group
is displayed.

--
Curtis Brown
address@hidden

2547% Penny Stock Picks?
Our last pick exploded 2547% - Join our free newsletter today!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4bcb744b837191b049m03vuc