Running an intial command together with -D -R

From: Ed Avis
Subject: Running an intial command together with -D -R
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 10:06:13 +0000 (UTC)

If I say 'screen emacs' then it starts a new screen running emacs.
But 'screen -D -R emacs', if there is no existing session, starts a new one
but does not start the emacs command.  I had expected it to connect to any
existing session, and if there were none, to make a new one running emacs.

If this is not supported, then the above command should give an error message
rather than ignoring the command to run.

% screen --version
Screen version 4.00.02 (FAU) 5-Dec-03

--
Ed Avis <address@hidden>