Re: Python wrapper for gnu-screen

From: Artur Skonecki
Subject: Re: Python wrapper for gnu-screen
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 19:10:41 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
screenutils seems to be an interesting project. I would love to have a
python wrapper around Screen. It would be great if screenutils exposed
interface to every command and returned output if possible:
screenutils.command.screencommand(args,win)
I use this in my code:

    def command_at(self,command,win="-1"):
        if win=="-1":
            win=""
        else:
            win="-p %s"%win
        os.system('screen -S %s %s -X %s'% (self.pid,win,command))
        l=self.get_lastmsg()
        if l.startswith('Could not'):
            #no such window
            return -1
        else:
            return l

    def get_number_and_title(self,win):
        msg=self.command_at('number',win)
        if msg==-1:
            return -1,-1
        number,title = msg.split("(",1)
        number = number.strip().rsplit(' ',1)[1]
        title = title.rsplit(")",1)[0]
        return number,title

--
Artur Skonecki