execute screen from .screenrc

From: Gnaget
Subject: execute screen from .screenrc
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 12:17:00 -0700 (PDT)

I start up a screen session detached on boot, and I would like to have
regions defined and persisted through every attach and detachment.

I call the initial session with an init.d script calling:
su <username> -c "screen -S miner -c /opt/phoenix/.screenrc-miner

my .screenrc-miner file needs to start up a window calling screen:

screen screen -c /opt/phoenix/.screenrc-split

that screen instance then starts up all my processing in a split screen.
Then I could detach the main screen and not lose my layout.

Problem is, my .screenrc-miner file doesn't work.  Is there something
special I need to do to call screen from a screenrc file?