terminal clear/refresh after detach

From: Lonni J Friedman
Subject: terminal clear/refresh after detach
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 12:17:08 -0700

Greetings,
I recently upgraded from Fedora14 to Fedora15.  As part of the
upgrade, I moved from screen-4.0.3 to screen-4.1.0, and inherited an
annoying behavior.  Prior to the upgrade, whenever I detached from a
screen session, everything that was present on my terminal prior to
attaching to a screen session was restored.  Since the upgrade,
whenever I detach, my terminal is automatically cleared, thereby
losing all content that was present.

I've googled and looked through the screen man page, but I can't find
any mention of this behavior (or a means of preventing it).  Is this
expected behavior, or a bug?

thanks!