Re: Modify screen parameters without screen restart

From: Bruno Cudini
Subject: Re: Modify screen parameters without screen restart
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 20:33:30 +0200

Hi,

> I have configured a hardstatus string in my .screenrc file. Now I
> want to modify hardstatus string without restarting the running
> screen. Is there a way to modify screen parameters like hardstatus
> string for a running instance of screen.

You can use the ^A : binding to run whatever screen command you want,
such as "hardstatus ...". But a smarter way could be to bind a key in
your .screenrc to the "source .screenrc", offering a more convenient
way to edit your hardstatus string, by editing it within your screen
and reloading it easily.