Re: screen script

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: Re: screen script
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 19:28:52 +0100

Hi Nick,

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 08:59:04AM -0700, Nick Atzert wrote:
> I'm trying to setup a script where I can pass it a list of servers, a
> screen session would start with individual windows for each server and run
> a script against each of those servers.
>
> Does anyone have anything like this setup already?

Yes: https://github.com/xtaran/ratpoison-desktop/blob/master/bin/terms

There are likely some individual paths hardcoded, but otherwise it
should do it. It also supports also a few other tools, the screen part
starts from line 34:

https://github.com/xtaran/ratpoison-desktop/blob/master/bin/terms#L34

It uses host lists, but you likely can strip it down to take host and
usernames as commandline parameters.

See
https://github.com/xtaran/ratpoison-desktop/blob/master/hostlists/kiva
for an example host list.