Exec in Response to Remote String

From: Caylan Larson
Subject: Exec in Response to Remote String
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 22:26:54 -0600

I'm using GNU screen to connect to a VT100 terminal server (DOS running in
DOSEMU). I want to configure custom strings to exec a subprocess. This would be
similar to printcmd, except I would return the processes STDOUT to the remote
server's STDIN (and I'd get to choose my own start/stop sequences). I've read
the GNU screen manual and understand the basics of exec, but I don't know how
to make the exec happen on remote escape sequences.  Is this possible?

Caylan