Re: Binding the "Ctrl + ;" key combination to "focus right" command

From: Michael Parson
Subject: Re: Binding the "Ctrl + ;" key combination to "focus right" command
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 10:54:06 -0500

On 2015-08-27 13:41, Micah Cowan wrote:
On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 2:33 AM, Gheorghe Lisca <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just start using GNU Screen and I want to set up my configuration file.
More precisely I am trying to bind the navigation commands
"focus left" to "Ctrl + j"
"focus down" to "Ctrl + k"
"focus up" to "Ctrl + l" and
"focus right" to "Ctrl + ;" .

Unfortunately, it just can't be done. And it's not screen's fault :)

<snip>

Because of what Micah explained, I have been using:

# Some vi region commands
bind j focus down
bind k focus up
bind h focus left
bind l focus right

Then you can "C-a j" to move focus down, etc.

Not quite as smooth as having it on a single key-binding, but it gets the job done.

Bonus, having your CTRL key where it's supposed to be, and using 'vi' keys, your fingers never leave the home-row. :)

--
Michael Parson
Austin, TX