Re: Screen terminating on GNU

From: Mounika Maddula
Subject: Re: Screen terminating on GNU
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 00:02:30 +0530

I start a screen session, run my model on it. After 10-15 hrs when I try connecting to screen session to check my model output, I get a message saying no screen sessions found . CPU usage also shows zero so screen session has terminated.

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 11:53 PM, Ed <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 03:22:46pm +0530, Mounika Maddula wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I am working on a virtual machine on google cloud platform. I generally
> run my neural network model training on a screen session so that
> disconnecting from SSH won't interrupt the training process. But I notice
> that even screen sessions are getting terminated automatically. When I try
> attaching to last screen session using 'screen -r', I get message saying
> 'no screen sessions found'. Can you please let me know what could possibly
> be the issue?

Could it be that screen is killed by shutdown or a watchdog?

If you look at the process listing when you get this message, is there a
screen session running?

Are you the same user who started screen?

--
Best regards,
Ed http://www.s5h.net/

--