security-discuss

Re: [Security-discuss] gnu.org/security draft

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Subject: Re: [Security-discuss] gnu.org/security draft
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 18:25:51 +0100

On 01/04/2012 01:11 AM, Karl Berry wrote:

> Since nobody else was doing it, I wrote a draft of simple "meta" page on
> security: gnu.org/security (it redirects, the actual page is in the
> "security" savannah project).
> Comments, additions, corrections before I add something to the
> maintainers guide mentioning it?  And link from it from other pages.

For me general security questions and security reports are not really related
to be mixed in different bullet points.

I'd have a section:
* Reporting security issues

and another:
* Discussing and asking questions on security
There is a <a
href="https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/security-discuss";>publicly
archived discussion list</a> to discuss general security questions related to
GNU software. The mailing list is open to GNU maintainers and contributors who
has an interest in cross-project security topics and are willing to help each
other. The purpose is to have a place to discuss security matters that are more
general than something applicable to only one project. For example, general
"secure programming" discussions, cryptography, and network protocol issues.

regards,
Nikos