security-discuss

Re: [security-discuss] gnuradio project DoS attacks GNU wget users

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [security-discuss] gnuradio project DoS attacks GNU wget users
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 04:14:52 -0500

   >    That way, I am limited, when using wget, and wrong Tor exit
   >    (hypothetically) to access the software. It is a clear limitation.
   >
   > By the same logic, I am being refused by the GNU project and the FSF
   > to install free software on a PDP-10 since they are not providing me
   > with MLDEV access, or DECtapes.

   You can't reject a real use-case with a hypothetical use-case.

Funny enough, it isn't hypothetical.

   The problem here is the use of Cloudflare--an anti-privacy
   service--to promote freedom.

Then such complaints should be directed at Cloudfare -- since they
will fall on deaf ears here.  When using Tor, your exit node can be
blocked in many ways which will make it hard to do things.