security-discuss

Re: [security-discuss] state of gnuradio freedom and security issues (wa

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [security-discuss] state of gnuradio freedom and security issues (was: gnuradio project DoS..)
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 23:14:48 +0300

On Wed, Mar 08, 2017 at 09:45:49AM -0500, Anonymous wrote:
>      3.3 It's impossible to create a non-ugly website with the search
>          functionality offered without departing from simple HTML to
>          use javascript.

Here, I am not referring to GNU radio. When a documentation is well
summarized, and has sections well described, search may not be
necessary.

Further, when a documentation has a single HTML file, like most GNU
software packages have such, generated from Texinfo, such file is
easily searched in any browser. There can be also a single text file,
and it is easily searched.

And in the end, to make a search feature, it should be very simple
matter on any web server to make search even without javascript for
which license is not known. Simple POST/GET to the small script
greping the files may be quick search solution.

More complex search engines are such as Hyper Estraier, and many
others available. Full self-hosted search feature is good to have on
any website.

On any search field on the Internet page, the usability and
accessibility policies and common sense is not recommending
javascript. It breakest standard features of browsing and disables
access to many users.

Jean Louis