security-discuss

[security-discuss] Freedom 0: the utilitarian vs. the deontologist

From: Nomen Nescio
Subject: [security-discuss] Freedom 0: the utilitarian vs. the deontologist
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 22:53:03 +0100 (CET)

Dr. Stallman said:

> It appears we are having a misunderstanding.  I can't see anything
> here that stops you from running GNU Radio however you wish.
> Whatever gnuradio.org does is a separate issue
> from using the program GNU Radio itself.

It's in fact that separate issue that has been under discussion here.
To date, there has been no claim or discussion over whether the use of
the GNU Radio application is restricted.  That's not a point of
contention.  GNU Radio Foundation, Inc. is denying freedom 0 to GNU
wget users.  The only GNU Radio users being denied freedom 0 are those
who are also GNU wget users.

--
Please note this was sent anonymously, so the "From:" address will be unusable.