security-discuss

Re: [security-discuss] CloudFlare, not good choice, (Re: Freedom 0: the

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [security-discuss] CloudFlare, not good choice, (Re: Freedom 0: the utilitarian vs. the deontologist)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 12:10:53 +0300

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 04:07:16AM -0500, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    It is sad to hear that "we are not required to make it work for
>    everyone". I understand it is personal opinion of Alfred, as I am sure
>    there is full intention by the FSF to make software available to
>    everyone.
>
> That isn't the personal opinion of mine.
>
> Making it work for everyone is unrealistic.  The GNU project tries to
> make its software available to the general public, that is not close
> to everyone -- since everyone is a unrealistic goal.

We speak of hosting service. It is very realistic to put GNU software
on GNU servers and have it available for everyone.

And of course, when I say "everyone", I refer to discrimination by
CloudFlare, and not _really_ to everyone, like Russians on their space
station, or underground miners in Tanzania.

Jean Louis