simulavr-devel

Re: [Simulavr-devel] kbdgentables

From: Knut Schwichtenberg
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] kbdgentables
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:23:32 +0100

Hi gang,

sorry for my delayed input but currently I "a little busy" at home. As far as I
remember these data files are necessary to simulate a PC 104 keyboard. There is
an example (atmel_key) were the simulated keboard is attached to 2 pins of an
AVR and a pressed button is translated by these tables into a scan-code normally
sent by a keyboard. I expect (without drilling to the bones) these scan-code
tables are developed for a German keyboard layout - please check with an US
layout for Z/Y Coma/semicolon, dot/colon and ?,/ (at least all :-).

kbdgentables(.exe) is a program to create the keyboard specifics - don't konw
detrails, but it is IIRC only used during the setup.

Location of the examples:
Each startup script of the examples (checkdebug.tcl) shows as the third or
fourth command:

#load the avr-simulator package
load ../../src/.libs/libsimulavr.so

If the examples are moved a more sophisticated location mechanism have to be
implemented.

Knut