sketch-devel

Problems with selection

From: Ralf Engels
Subject: Problems with selection
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:16:15 +0100

Hi,
I noticed the following problems with selection

1. selinfo seems strange
As far as I understand the selection is stored in a seperate data structure
from the actual objects.
I can only see one benefit (seperation graphic objects from UI) but a lot of
difficulties.
If the objects are changed the selinfo tree has to be updated.
Checking if an object is selected is difficult.
Different data structure where all operations on objects have to be mirrored.

I think we should discuss about the design decission a little bit.

2. There seems to be no way to select the points in the curve object.
curveobject.c defines two functions to select segments (select_segment and
select_rect).
It seems though that they don't work correct.
Example:
select a bezier -> path.selection_count() == 0
select a single point with the point-selection-tool  -> path.selection_count()
== 0
try to call close_nodes on the bezier: not working because no point is
selected.

happy new year,
Ralf

--