sketch-devel

Re: state of hacking

From: Bernhard Reiter
Subject: Re: state of hacking
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:51:05 +0100

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 07:23:39PM +0100, C. Ecker wrote:
> The good news is that I am not a phd student anymore,

This probably means you have gotten your doctoral degree..
Congratulations in this case!

> the bad one is that
> I have less time to waste on side projects as, sorry, skencil.
> Therefore, I put my current skencil-devil in the web.

        Nice typo in devil. :)

> So if you are
> curious, have a look at
>
> http://de.geocities.com/dendronde/sketch-devel_ce_11_jan_05.tgz

Got it, unpacked it, needed an
        find -name '*.so' | xargs rm
because I wanted to build it on a ppc and setup.py clean
does not work properly.

> There are still a couple of things not working properly, especially
> changing the document. What is further left to do is cleaning up the whole
> mess. I will of cause do it but it might take a while ...

I did not see a changelog so far, did you keep one?

Hmm could not start it.

python skencil.py
intl imported
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:90:
GtkDeprecationWarning: gtk.pixmap_create_from_xpm is deprecated, use
gtk.gdk.pixmap_create_from_xpm instead
  self.warn(message, DeprecationWarning)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "skencil.py", line 57, in ?
    Sketch.UI.main(sys.argv)
  File
"/mobilehome/bernhard/hacking/skencil/ceckert/sketch-devel/Sketch/UI/__init__.py",
 line 238, in main
    application = SketchApplication(filenames)
  File
"/mobilehome/bernhard/hacking/skencil/ceckert/sketch-devel/Sketch/UI/skapp.py",
line 195, in __init__
    self.build_window()
  File
"/mobilehome/bernhard/hacking/skencil/ceckert/sketch-devel/Sketch/UI/skapp.py",
line 258, in build_window
    self.NewDocument()
  File
"/mobilehome/bernhard/hacking/skencil/ceckert/sketch-devel/Sketch/UI/skapp.py",
line 325, in NewDocument
    self.CreateDocumentEditor(doc)
  File
"/mobilehome/bernhard/hacking/skencil/ceckert/sketch-devel/Sketch/UI/skapp.py",
line 361, in CreateDocumentEditor
    self.add_view(SketchMainWindow(self, document, editor = editor))
  File
"/mobilehome/bernhard/hacking/skencil/ceckert/sketch-devel/Sketch/UI/mainwindow.py",
 line 134, in __init__
    self.tool_changed(self.context.tool)
  File
"/mobilehome/bernhard/hacking/skencil/ceckert/sketch-devel/Sketch/UI/mainwindow.py",
 line 440, in tool_changed
    self.canvas.SetTool(toolname)
  File
"/mobilehome/bernhard/hacking/skencil/ceckert/sketch-devel/Sketch/UI/canvas.py",
 line 194, in SetTool
    self.set_window_cursor(cursor)
  File
"/mobilehome/bernhard/hacking/skencil/ceckert/sketch-devel/Sketch/UI/canvas.py",
 line 537, in set_window_cursor
    self.window.set_cursor(cursor)
TypeError: cursor should be a GdkCursor or None

If Skencil is useful for you, consider tipping the project:
               http://www.skencil.org/payments.html