sketch-devel

Re: state of hacking

From: C. Ecker
Subject: Re: state of hacking
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 22:22:24 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005, Bernhard Herzog wrote:
[...]
> Any idea of when this might happen?  On the whole the changes looks
> quite good and I'd like to see this added to Skencil.  However, applying
> the changes will be a lot easier if they're split into more manageable
> pieces.  So I suggest that you take some small part of it that doesn't
> require many changes with respect to current CVS and submit a patch for
> it.  Step by step we can add the changes to Skencil with each step
> taking hopefully only a little work.

This is basically my plan: create a set of patches and submit them one
after the other. I can't do that yet because there are too many problems
left: changing documents does not work, the widget renderer is buggy (a
gtk problem ?), the menu code is bad, ... .

I am working on it from time to time. Hopefully I can finish within a
month. However, good that you welcome the changes.

Christof