sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] FHS patch

From: Fabio Massimo Di Nitto
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] FHS patch
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 20:21:42 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003, Yaron M. Minsky wrote:

> I like the idea of following the FHS, but I have some requests.  I'd
> like it to be easy for someone to set up the old behavior, so that
> people currently using SKS don't have to update their setups.  One way
> of doing this would be to have a flag, say "-fhs", that enables the new
> behavior.  Perhaps using the fhs should be the default, so people using
> the old system should be forced to add "-nofhs" to their list of
> settings.

well on an upgrade they could just move files around or symlinking them. I
am sorry but i am moving my first steps inside ocaml and i can't help much
in that way.

> The second thing is that this patch should include some modifications to
> the README as well.

We have "Documentation" as one of our debian tasks. manpages are missing
and the README is that part.

> All told, this looks like a good move.  SKS's setup has always been a
> bit hacky.  Now the only thing left is to get some init scripts set up
> and have the logging automated out of the box.

There is an init script at the same url of the patch but that one is
debian specific. It shouldn't take too long to adapt to other systems but
at that point the best thing would be sks to create its own pid file.

>  Actually, SKS already
> does do a close/open cycle on SIGHUP, so it should be quite easy to set
> up logrotate...

For the logs i would really love to ask you to rename them from log.* to
*.log. ( I didn't had the time to make a proper patch for it.)

Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html