sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] primary uid flag

From: David Shaw
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] primary uid flag
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:39:05 -0500

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 04:31:04PM -0500, Yaron Minsky wrote:
> Remind me:  what's the primary uid flag, and how should it be honored?
> Should it be displayed frist?  I'm a little fuzzy on this.

The primary UID flag is a subpacket in the self-signature.  If
present, and set to "1", it indicates that a given UID is the primary.
"Primary" means whatever you want it to mean in the context of a
keyserver, but it would be reasonable to display that UID first.

If more than one self-signature has the primary flag, then most
programs resolve it by picking the most recent self-signature.

David