sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] gossip specification.

From: Jonathan McDowell
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] gossip specification.
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:19:24 +0100

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 06:29:47PM -0400, Yaron Minsky wrote:
> There's no real specification outside of the code, I'm afraid.  I'd be
> happy to help out in getting the required information spec'd out, but
> it's worth noting that there are some other difficulties standing in
> front of an implementation.
> I'd be happy to help you figure out what would be required for
> interoperability, but I want to make sure you're up for doing the rest
> of what is necessary.  it's not a small project.

Thanks. It doesn't look like I have the time or ability to do this at
present, and while there are a couple of people interested in helping
out who do have the ability they're also time constrained at present.
If/when I get round to it I'll come asking about interoperability.

> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:54:20 +0100, Jonathan McDowell
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Is the SKS gossip implementation documented anywhere? I've checked
> > CVS and the Wiki, but all I can find are the abstract papers rather
> > than any details about how things work for PGP. I'd like to
> > implement gossip in onak (another OpenPGP keyserver), but would
> > rather not delve into the SKS source to learn how to do so.

J.

--
            Chaos, panic, & disorder - my work here is done.