sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] sks-1.0.9 on FreeBSD compile error

From: Jason Harris
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] sks-1.0.9 on FreeBSD compile error
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 15:16:25 -0500

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 08:40:45PM +0100, Johan van Selst wrote:
> Roman Pavlik wrote:

> > I try to compile new version of SKS on FreeBSD 4.10 release (with gcc
> > 2.95.4),
> > but compilation in numerix-0.19 directory ends with the error:
>
> Since about an hour, sks 1.0.9 is included in the FreeBSD ports tree.
> It comes with a few simple patches including a work-around for this one.
> I have not yet fed these patches to sks developers (sorry).

NB:  The raw keydumps are 2GB, not 4GB as pkg-descr says.  Also, you
should download the PGP signature.  Look at some of my FreeBSD ports
for examples.  As well, db41 has been problematic for the subversion
project and perhaps is causing the reliability problem(s) for (IIRC)
http://pgp.uni-paderborn.de:23012/ .  I use db42 (with ocaml-nox11-
3.07.2, actually) for my non-port/non-package install of SKS 1.0.9
on FreeBSD.  The change to db-4.2.52 is quite easy and I posted it
to this list a while back.

BTW, for those not familiar with FreeBSD['s ports system], the patches
to support ocaml-3.08.1 on it are here:

  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/security/sks/files/

Use the link at the bottom to get them in a single tarball.

Finally, thanks for the FreeBSD port of SKS, Johan.  If you're running
a public SKS keyserver, I'll gossip with it.  That goes for you too,
Roman.  :)

--
Jason Harris           |  NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
address@hidden _|_ web:  http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/