sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Debian SKS package build problem

From: Jan Kesten
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Debian SKS package build problem
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 18:24:41 +0200

Hello, Peter!

Sorry for late reply - mailserver is migrating too :-)

> Just the tarball or the entire tree?  Which arch?  How did you try to
> build it?  Please provide more information.

No, the entire tree via subversion. Build was like this:

svn co https://svn.clearairturbulence.org/debian-sks/trunk/sks/
cd sks
dpkg-buildpackage

Runs fine until this error (I was building my package before exactly
like this for 1.0.9):

File "number.ml", line 21, characters 12-25:
Unbound module Numerix.Dlong

I searched the net, and found the solution (maybe). I'm running Debian
3.1r1a on amd64, so I think the problem is just patch number 509:

(* Change to Dlong for non x86 platforms *)
-module Nx = Numerix.Slong
+module Nx = Numerix.Dlong

Using Numerix.Slong doesn't work, .Dlong neither. But if I use .Clong
building is successful. As I'm no ocaml expert at all, can somebody
explain me the differences between the types and if it is okay to use Clong?

I started sks and it seems to be up and running and syncing correctly
with my old server.

Cheers,
Jan