sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] OS X

From: Jason Harris
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] OS X
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 14:29:28 -0400

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 09:45:29AM -0700, Joseph Bruni wrote:

> >Joseph Oreste Bruni wrote:
> >> Has anyone successfully been able to compile SKS on Mac OS X (Darwin)?
> >> There doesn't appear to be any development activity since 2005 so I'm
> >> also wondering if this is a dead project.
> >>
> >> http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/sks/

[surfnet stats, snipped]

> Thank you for your reply. This answers my question perfectly.

OK, so now that you're moving forward with porting SKS to OS X,
you'll need to know the following:  :)

The latest released code is (or at least was) in a TLA repo., which
supports distributed development.  However, you may have better luck
with the previous rev., 1.0.9 (which should be tagged in the repo.),
esp. since that's what FreeBSD still uses due to Numerix(?) issues.
Look at the FreeBSD port of SKS:

  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/security/sks/pkg-descr
  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/security/sks/

for an example of what you may need to configure for OS X.

--
Jason Harris           |  NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
address@hidden _|_ web:  http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/