sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Re: Traffic volume

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: [Sks-devel] Re: Traffic volume
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 14:54:40 +0100

Andy Ruddock wrote, On 02/01/2009 02:19 PM:
> John Clizbe wrote:
>> Ryan Hunt wrote:
>>> Very little.
>>>
>>> Mine is pretty high traffic since I am in the subkeys.pgp.net pool, I
>>> see an average of 74MB a day from ~3200 hits.. Monthly totals are less
>>> than 3GB from 90k hits. Traffic is split 50/50 between USA and Germany.
>>>
>>> Saturday is by far the busiest day, averaging ~120MB a day from ~5k hits
>>>
>>> Ive got some pretty detailed stats since Ive been online, these numbers
>>> been pretty stable for a while now.
>> I agree with Ryan.  I don't really notice it, even with a lot of recon
>> partners.
>
>> The heaviest traffic will be when you first start db_recon and catch up with
>> the
>> network.
>
>> Feel free to add keyserver.gingerbear.net:11370
>

> Great, thanks. I've done that. I suppose it would be best to partner
> with others in my geographical region.
> In which case I'd like to invite partnership from anybody in the
> vicinity of Norway.

be my guest and throw in keys.kfwebs.net on 11370 , thats located in
Ă…lesund, Norway.

I'm also contemplating bringing back up keys2 (Oslo, Norway), but no
immidiate plans to do so as long as the number of keyservers is at a
decent level, was slightly worse when it was first brought up :)

- --
- ----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand
http://www.kfwebs.net
Donec eris sospes, multos numerabis amicos.
Tempora si fuerint nubila, solus eris.
As long as you are wealthy,you will have many friends.
When the tough times come, you will be left alone
http://www.secure-my-email.com
http://www.secure-my-internet.com