sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] sks backup

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] sks backup
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 08:17:25 -0700

I suggest that you make a tar archive of the sks database directories
and extract it later. Shut down sks cleanly, use the db_recover and
db_archive tools to check that your databases are all healthy and that
there are no stale journal files. Then...
tar cf /mnt/my_backup_disk/sks.tar /home/sks &

(assuming your backup disk is mounted at /mnt/my_backup_disk and sks
is installed in /home/sks.)

f your backup disk is slow (~5MB/s) and your cpu is fast, it might be
faster to compress the backup.

CK