sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] comments

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] comments
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 00:07:28 -0800

On 2009-03-05 at 08:55 +0100, Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:
> I've just noticed that recon.log contains a "Malformed entry" message
> for each empty and comment lines of membership file.
> Meanwhile the off-the-shelf empty file writes:
>
> # Empty lines and whitespace-only lines are ignored, as are lines
> # whose first non-whitespace character is a `#'.
>
> Is this normal?

Yes, I classed it as a bug.  I forgot to mention that, in passing, I
fixed that in my IPv6 patch.  Shoddy of me to change something silently.

If you want to hack around without adding IPv6 support, look at
membership.ml, the 'convert_address' function.  Before the sscanf, add:
 if String.length l == 0 then raise Empty_line
 else

At the top, with the exceptions, add:
 exception Empty_line

In load_membership_file, in the "with" block where exceptions are
handled, add:
     | Empty_line -> loop list

Rebuild.

That should, if memory serves, be sufficient to fix it.

-Phil