sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] First IPv6 recon peers seen

From: Kim Minh Kaplan
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] First IPv6 recon peers seen
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 10:55:52 +0000

Phil Pennock:

> Sometime after the first membership reload after the DNS is updated,
> things will start working.  Meh, I should have added "sks
> reload-membership" after all -- if the file hasn't changed, membership
> is unlikely to update.

Juste touch the membership file, that forces a reload.

> So the first IPv6 recon to exchange a key was ... with kim.kim-minh.com.
> :)  What do you know, they work together.  ;)

Yes, things seem to be working great on this side too.  I have not had a
chance to look at your patch yet as upgrading to Debian 5 brought my
server down yesterday.  I'll do it, I promise, especially since I think
your approach of opening distinct sockets is better.  But I am a bit
worried about concurrency woes.  The recon server seems to disable
gossiping at some point, I do not yet know the reason yet.  May be
Yaron Minsky could tell us some more on this point.

Regarding access to your repository it seems you can publish it with a
bare web server as described there
http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/StaticHTTP

Kim Minh.