sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] keyserver.gingerbear.net: Dynamic IP Update didn't

From: Kim Minh Kaplan
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] keyserver.gingerbear.net: Dynamic IP Update didn't
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:53:28 +0000

John Clizbe:

> If your server is peered with keyserver.gingerbear.net:
>
> Time-Warner renumbered things around noon on the 10th, but I didn't
> notice until this morning that the dynamic IP Update script was hosed.
>
> Everything should now be squared away. I checked several DNS servers and
> they are showing the new address for keyserver.gingerbear.net,
> 70.123.107.38.
>
> If a nslookup shows your DNS server to be updated, would you do me a
> favor and touch membership to update SKS' cache? It'd be nice to have
> gossip peers again.

Done.

This made apparent a bug in SKS name resolution scheme:  the nameservers
for one of my peers are down so the name lookup takes a long time before
failing.  But the recon timeout is much shorter so the lookup is
interrupted and the membership can never be reloaded.

I'll see what can be done to workaround this.

In the mean time I have removed keys.cardboard.net from my membership
file.  Does someone know how to contact nynex to tell him about his
nameservers outage?

Kim Minh.