sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Fatal error: exception Bdb.DBError

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Fatal error: exception Bdb.DBError
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 01:09:53 -0700

Right, but before you said:
> If i launch sksdb& abd sksrecon& singulary all goes well:

So, the problem is the owner of the files.  You haven't shown a listing
of the DB dir.  Somewhere, there will be files still owned by root, from
when you ran it directly.

There should be two directories, "KDB" and "PTree" -- I don't know where
Debian puts them.  The contents of those directories are the BDB files;
eg, on my machine:
# l -l KDB
total 1433456
-rw-------  1 sks  sks      24576 Mar  5 07:07 __db.001
-rw-------  1 sks  sks    5611520 Mar 14 01:48 __db.002
-rw-------  1 sks  sks   26222592 Mar  7 11:53 __db.003
-rw-------  1 sks  sks      98304 Mar 14 01:48 __db.004
-rw-------  1 sks  sks      16384 Mar  5 07:07 __db.005
-rw-------  1 sks  sks  411537408 Mar 15 06:18 key
-rw-------  1 sks  sks  130686976 Mar 15 07:21 keyid
-rw-------  1 sks  sks   10485760 Mar 15 07:21 log.0000000165
-rw-------  1 sks  sks       8192 Oct 26 04:18 meta
-rw-------  1 sks  sks  122413056 Mar 15 03:00 subkeyid
-rw-------  1 sks  sks  101511168 Mar 15 03:00 time
-rw-------  1 sks  sks     282624 Mar 12 03:00 tqueue
-rw-------  1 sks  sks  668536832 Mar 15 07:21 word
# l -l PTree
total 98504
-rw-------  1 sks  sks     24576 Mar  5 07:07 __db.001
-rw-------  1 sks  sks   1490944 Mar 14 01:48 __db.002
-rw-------  1 sks  sks   6561792 Mar  7 11:53 __db.003
-rw-------  1 sks  sks     98304 Mar 14 01:48 __db.004
-rw-------  1 sks  sks     16384 Mar  5 07:07 __db.005
-rw-------  1 sks  sks  10485760 Mar 15 07:21 log.0000000089
-rw-------  1 sks  sks  91032576 Mar 15 07:20 ptree

*Those* are the files which matter.

If you stop SKS, run db_recover in each of those directories, chown them
(-R recursively) to Debian-sks and start sks, it should work.  If you
need help, "locate db_recover.html" (and if it's not installed, find the
relevant docs package or just hope that the current docs aren't too
different from whatever was installed:

<URL:http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/db/utility/db_recover.html>
).

I'm assuming that you don't have anything *really* odd set in your
environment; if $DB_HOME is being set then that would explain it.  If
this is the case, pretty much any BDB application you run will be
breaking (and the fix is "don't do that").

-Phil