sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Patches imported

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Patches imported
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 02:43:22 -0500

Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2009-03-26 at 00:29 -0500, John Clizbe wrote:
>> Still seeing a problem with setting the dump name:
>>
>> address@hidden:/var/sks# sks dump 27000 /var/sks/dump sks-dump
>> wrong number of arguments
>> usage: sksdump numkeys dumpdir [dumpname]
>> address@hidden:/var/sks# sks dump 27000 /var/sks/dump
>> Dumping keys to file /var/sks/dump/1-0000.pgp
>> Dumping keys to file /var/sks/dump/1-0001.pgp
>>
>> Any ideas folks?
>
> You have a boolean option being set in your sksconf file with:
>   optionname: 1
>
> This is why I want the example in the docs -- booleans are not set with
> a value.  So the "1" is not being picked up in setting the option.
> Instead, it's left behind in !Settings.anonlist, looking like parameters
> that come on the command-line after the options (the rest of argv).
> Then when you invoke "sks dump" it uses !Settings.anonlist, which
> contains the "1" followed by whatever you gave on the command-line.
>
> Boolean options in sksconf can only be toggled away from their default
> value, not given an explicit on or off.  You toggle it with the
> optionname followed by a colon.  Remove the 1 and you should be good.

That was it. The offending line was 'initial_stat:      1'. Removed
everything after the colon and it works fine now.

Thanks, Phil.

Now to get all my recon peers talking to my server again.
--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or