sks-devel

[Sks-devel] corrupted database

From: David Benfell
Subject: [Sks-devel] corrupted database
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 15:38:48 -0700

Hi all,

Reviewing the logs, it appears my trouble began pretty close (I
don't know precisely) to when I did an sks dump.  I'm now assuming
that's the culprit.

So several questions arise:

1) Can I use the dump I produced--apparently successfully--to
repopulate the database?

2) Should I?  Or is there another way to recover from this?
(db_recover appeared to succeed, but apparently didn't.)

3) What is the proper way to do a dump so this doesn't happen?

I've shut down my keyserver until this is resolved; as near as I can
tell, it isn't doing anyone any good in its present condition.

Thanks!
--
David Benfell <address@hidden>
http://www.parts-unknown.org/