sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Newbie question about the /pks/lookup?op=stats page

From: Luk Claes
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Newbie question about the /pks/lookup?op=stats page
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 18:40:33 +0200

On 09/11/2012 05:23 PM, Andreas Thulin wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> So, I got the server up, and even - with a lot of help - managed to
> build the key DB from a dump. Now, apart from the server having long
> response times and sometimes seem unresponsive, I wonder about the
> following:
>
> The /pks/lookup?op=stats page should show some progress, right? I looked
> at some other server's stats page, and it showed nice tables of daily as
> well as hourly progress. My page hasn't changed at all.
>
>   * My recon port is open.
>   * # strace -p processid (sks recon) spits out a lot of "activity",
>     although I can't tell what all of it means.
>   * The server works fine in terms of search results when I'm using the
>     web interface.
>
> Some of you have already figured out I'm completely new to sks and need
> help even with the basics. Apologies. :-)
>
> Any ideas?

Hi I don't remember where I read about it, but this is what I created to
get the stats page working:

$ cat /etc/cron.d/sks
# SKS stats for sks-keyservers.net @~{10,20}:50 CET
45 3,13  * * *  root    pkill -USR2 sks || exit 1
# SKS stats on the hour
0  *     * * *  root    pkill -USR2 sks || exit 1

Cheers

Luk