sks-devel

[Sks-devel] [Feature-Request] multi-search

From: jbar
Subject: [Sks-devel] [Feature-Request] multi-search
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 18:54:37 +0100

I have two important things to ask.

First: May u please develop the multi-search feature, i.e. the possibilty to
pass more than one "search=.." parameter to the lookup query string.
 It could really improve performance since that make possible to make multiple
search in one request, or to get multiple keys (also in one request).

I have already develop that feature in my OpenPGP keyserver :
http://domesticserver.org:11371/pks/

And you may take a look at its source code here :
https://github.com/Open-UDC/open-udc/blob/master/ludd/src/hkp.c
 (Adding that feature wasn't a big change in ludd's source code).

Second, is less important but could be great also: To make real documentation
about how sks keyserver synchronize themselve. i.e. to separate the protocol
used for synchronization from the sks software themselve.

 It could have been great if my OpenPGP keyservers may use the same protocol as
sks. But without any documentation about it, I did mind my own synchronization
protocol which should differ greatly from the sks one. :-(

 <Troll> BTW, If I have to code my own protocol, I will write documentation
about it, as I have already began here:
https://github.com/Open-UDC/open-udc/tree/master/docs :-) </Troll>

--
jbar <address@hidden>