sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Upgrading to 1.1.3 Through Debian Backports

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Upgrading to 1.1.3 Through Debian Backports
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 12:04:54 -0500

Christoph Egger wrote:
> Moin!
>
> John Clizbe <address@hidden> writes:
>> Patrick R McDonald wrote:
>>> I would like to upgrade my sks on Debian Squeeze from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3
>>> using Debian backports. Is there anything of which I need to be aware
>>> when making this upgrade?
>>
>> if your 1.1.3 is linked with the same version of Berkeley DB as your 1.1.1,
>> there should be little to worry about.
>
> Which is exactly the reason dkg made sure both (1.1.1 in squeeze and the
> 1.1.3 in squeeze-backports) are at the same bdb version ;-)

That is indeed wonderful, but as I am not a Debian user, I do not stay
conversant in the minutia of particular package builds. I leave that to the
users of the distribution.

My response was intended to be, and is, valid for users of any distribution
and version(s) of Berkeley DB, even for users who build BDB, Ocaml, and SKS on
their own.

-John
--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
SKS/Enigmail/PGP-EKP                  or: John ( @ ) Enigmail DAWT net