sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] hkps pool

From: Daniel Austin
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] hkps pool
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 21:01:38 +0100

Hi Kristian,

On 25/06/2013 20:53, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
On 06/25/2013 09:29 PM, Daniel Austin wrote:
Hi,

It appears that several of the current active hosts in the hkps
pool are not signed using the sks CA which is causing issues when
trying to publish keys to it.

Hi Daniel,

I suspect that you're trying to access the hosts directly and not
using the hostname hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net. Note that most hosts
only offer the pool CA in the chain for this hostname (using SNI).

I'm assuming the version of GPG i have doesn't support SNI then.

about 70% of the time, I get the following:

gpg: requesting key 7F003DE6 from hkps server hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpgkeys: HTTP fetch error 60: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

If the majority of GPG users don't support SNI is it wise to have servers in the pool that only work if the client supports SNI?

Would it be worth having two separate pools?

Thanks,

Daniel.