sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Submitting keys via email

From: Stefan Parviainen
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Submitting keys via email
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 10:42:51 +0300

On 06/29/2013 01:17 AM, Phil Pennock wrote:
If you're modifying code to add support for this, you should consider
just adding keyserver support, it's a very simple HTTP POST and there
are resilient pool addresses to help.
That would be the ideal, of course. However, while the code is open source, it does look abandoned, and time does not permit me to investigate this option further at the moment. I'll take a stab at it sometime later.

If you're doing things manually, then you just insert the ASCII-armoured
key in the body of the mail and send it to the relevant email address.
Hmm, I'm afraid this won't help me then, because it needs the key in the body of the email, not as an attachment. As I said, it's difficult to get access to the raw text on Android without installing some extra software. I think I will have to make use of a web server with an upload page, and then submit uploaded keys from the server. Or does anyone know of a SKS server that accepts file attachments in emails or has a file upload page?

--
Stefan Parviainen