sks-devel

[Sks-devel] SKS reconciliation evaluation points

From: Devin Samarin
Subject: [Sks-devel] SKS reconciliation evaluation points
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 02:20:25 -0700

Hello,

I had a quick question about the choice of evaluation points. They
seem to be chosen by the following algorithm: (floor((i + 1) / 2)) *
(if i mod 2 = 0 then 1 else (-1)) mod q (field order). It appears that
some of the evaluation points are going to be in the set {1, 2, 3, 4,
...}. I don't believe I have a reason to be worried about the
evaluation points {-1 mod q, -2 mod q, -3 mod q, ...} since q is 2^128
+ about 190 billion billion billion billion.

Is there a chance that some of these evaluation points could be a
value of the set elements from one of the servers?

Regards,
Devin Samarin