sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] offtopic: encrypt.to

From: Gabor Kiss
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] offtopic: encrypt.to
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 11:38:30 +0100 (CET)

> > Simple, we're using client side encryption, you can review the javascript
> > code in your browser. The server/service receives encrypted messages and
> > send it to the receiver. The server/service can't decrypt your message, it's
> > PGP.
> I think that what Gabor meant was that *maybe* a client will check the source
> code *once*, but not always! With time, you don't continue to do the same
> annoying tasks (aka. checking that the source code is the same), and you
> forget.
>
> A lambda person won't check the code, and then, the NXA (or another third
> party), can alter with the code, and do a simple MITM. Everybody will fall in
> the trap.

Yeah.
Who are the intended targets of this service?
Peoples who cannot install (,stricly check) and run a gpg program
on their own computers. Who cannot run a command line program.
Whose only cabability is moving mouse. (So called one armed lawyers. :)
I'm pretty sure that most of them is unable to audit any JS, Ruby or C code.

Gabor
--
Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer?
Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.