sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Tuning

From: Christian Reiß
Subject: [Sks-devel] Tuning
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 14:38:24 +0100

Hey folks,

I have some questions on which I need some pointers.

First, -nodiskptree: To my understanding this would result in longer
startup-times, more memory consumption but faster lookups. So the ptree
is generated, but kept in ram. Final analysis: Enabling this option
would speed up lookups on the tradeoff of consuming ram. So: turn on

pagesize and ptree_pagesize. These options are used for importing/
generating the db and have no effect on a running server (or?). What
would be good pointers in setting those?

stat_hour: As far as I understand, stats are generated each hour. Why
specify this? Are some more special stats generated here?

In other news:

I am dumping my DB each week each monday.
(http://sks.alpha-labs.net/dump/) - if someone wants to restart / recover.

Also I am using puppet to deploy the sks server. Anyone else using
puppet? membership file (et all) is managed over hiera. So if we have
any puppet3 users I am glad to share.

Lastly, I wrote a (10 liner) php-script that queries the sks-keyserver
stats page for (my) server checking keydiff, status and port-status (80,
hkps) and exits with error/warning. Used in my case for bi-hourly icinga
checks. Same here: I'll share. Drop me a line.

-Christian

--

 Christian Reiss - address@hidden       /"\  ASCII Ribbon
                                                  \ /    Campaign

 "It's better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven.",
                                        John Milton, Paradise lost.