sks-devel

[Sks-devel] sks.disunitedstates.com back up

From: David Benfell
Subject: [Sks-devel] sks.disunitedstates.com back up
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 18:31:06 -0700

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of notice. My web server has been down as I worked
to respond to heartbleed. This response ultimately involved a
distribution change: CentOS 6.5 just wasn't cutting it--and now that I
see some things working properly on Fedora 20--seems to have had other
problems besides. But my web server now has double-the-normal-length
SSL keys and perfect forward secrecy.

sks is now back up. If anyone follows my path, please note that the
init scripts that come with Fedora's sks rpm are broken--in an
appallingly stupid and easy to fix way: Buried amongst a ton of
verbiage that you'll get trying to track this down are the
all-important words "Exec format error." If you look at the init
scripts, you'll see that somebody made it pretty by sticking spaces in
the front of every line, including the #!/bin/bash line. You can leave
it mostly pretty, but take out those spaces at the beginning of the
#!/bin/bash line.

I'm now looking at the web interface. Does anyone have a pretty
index.html page they'd be willing to share?

Also, I'm scheduling a keydump for Tuesdays at 0500 (America/Los
Angeles time). My intention is to share this. The time I've selected
is mostly arbitrary; if another time would be better, let me know.

--
David Benfell <address@hidden>
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you don't understand the